Thursday, June 06, 2013

Property world embraces pedal power

It's pretty clear from my Twitter timeline that the property industry is really embracing the cycling revolution.

Admirably led by the Estates Gazette and their iconic deputy editor @samanthamcclary the major agents, developers, investors and assorted hangers on are all donning their lycra.

The annual Cycle 2 Cannes ride has raised over £1 million pounds for property related charities and is supported by Savills, CBRE, DTZ and other worthies.  It's a ride that I'd love to get involved in and best of all I could cheat and join them halfway down France!

Today sees the start of a female only ride from London to Paris and, again, sees the property industry doing its bit for charity. They are riding 100 miles a day and you can follow them at @PedElle

All of this has driven me to buy myself a new bike to use when I'm seeing local agents or going to take a look around houses close to me.

If it works then I'm buying a tandem to take clients on - the first "eco-friendly" buying agent that not only finds you a house but offers personal training at the same time....now that really is worthy of the word unique that we property folk like so much.

With Chris Froome looking good for Le Tour in a few weeks this cycling boom looks set to continue.  I was contacted by a TV production company yesterday who were quizzing me on cycling in the Charente - sadly I have a face for radio so don't expect to see me on your TV's any time soon but I'm sure that it would make a great feature.  Vine clad hillsides, ancient stone bridges spanning the prettiest stretch of river in France and a cycle friendly culture...what's not to like!

www.cognacproperty.com

3 comments:

Natasha @ Bike Hire Direct said...

Make sure you let us know if you end up featuring on TV!

If you ever want to borrow a tandem to try one out we have some here you are welcome to have a go on!

Andy said...

I took a photo of a Velo Solex style tandem at Prescott last Sunday. I will ping it over to you. Might help on the hills!

Unknown said...

I think because estate agents operate quite locally, pedal power is becoming popular for several reasons. However it may reduce some advertising opportunities although the perception of the eco-friendly estate agent may well be welcomed within the local community.

http://www.dezrezblog.com the blog for estate agents