Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Bring me sunshine....


 Let's face it, one of the big attractions of moving to France is the weather.

Pretty much all of us like sunshine and it's a proven fact that it makes us happy.

Back in the summer I saw this posting on the Leggett Immobilier website which shows that here in the Charente I am getting around two and a half more hours of sunshine per day than I was when I lived in the UK.

The photo at the top of this post was taken on Christmas day  - as you can see it was a crystal clear blue sky. Our traditional family walk was taken in just jeans, polo shirt and light jumper (which came off half way round).

We went to visit friends on the cote d'azur for new year and the photo below was taken on new years day.




It's a far cry from my native north-east of England and the freezing cold winters of my childhood.

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: