Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Chateau de Joinville brings back fond memories


A long, long time ago I worked for Jackson-Stops & Staff in Curzon St.

The PR director was a good friend and suggested that I take my then fiancée for a romantic week-end in Northern France.  Being "before kids" we could afford to do things like that.

We had a terrific time and so, as a treat, I planned a surprise visit there last week on our way back from the UK.

It was just as good as we remembered (although my memory isn't so great of anything that happened over 20 years ago) and for anyone looking for a romantic get away that's not too far from Calais, Boulogne or Dieppe it's ideal.

As you can see the kids thought it was great too and particularly liked our room which was, in fact, more of a house (the ancient four au pain).

You'll find the Chateau de Joinville in the beautiful town of Eu and can see their website here.

Heartily recommended.

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: