Monday, June 14, 2010

Three Peaks challenge to be tightest ever


Forget the world cup....the biggest tournament this week is going to be the annual Three Peaks golf challenge.

Following the sensational drawn match in Biarritz last year the teams will be arriving at the Gloucester Hotel & Country club on Wednesday.

I often use the famous Gary Player quote "The more I practice the luckier I get" which I think has a wider context than just on a golf course.  It stems from a time when he holed out from a bunker during a competition.  A journalist subsequently called him lucky and Player took umbrage.  He explained that he had built a practice bunker in his garden and kept hitting hundreds of shots each day until he fully expected to hole out each time he took his stance.

Sadly, this year I have been too busy to undertake any kind of practice at all and I fear that my golf will reflect this.

It's the first time in twenty years that I will be entering a tournament so ill prepared and I just have to hope that muscle memory kicks in and that a positive mental attitude will see me through.

I'll let you know how it goes.

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: