Sunday, May 16, 2010

Demand for French property on the up.


Now, I don't want to tempt fate but......

As regular readers will know the demand for French property from international buyers fell off a cliff the day that Lehman Brothers hit the dust in September 2008.

It's been consistently low since then but, at last, the buyers seem to be flooding back. Well, if flooding back is a slight over emphasis it's certainly a steady stream.  My business is all about quality of clients not quantity and I rarely have more than three client searches on the go at any one time.

For the record I am currently mandated as follows (these aren't their real initials of course but I promise they are genuine clients):

  • Mr & Mrs A who are looking for a 3 bed country house with barns and gite potential.
  • Mr & Mrs B who have mandated me to find a 5 bed house with space for their teenage children
  • Mr & Mrs C who are desperate to find a characterful old house that they can bring back to life
  • Mr & Mrs D who want a classical charentaise house that they can retire to
  • Mr & Mrs E who's dream is a property with views of the vines, a pool and a sunny terrace.
I'm working flat out and have a couple of other clients "bubbling under" who are talking about instructing me to find them something this summer.

These instructions have come from all kinds of different sources - this blog, my recent coverage in the Daily Telegraph, my affiliation with FrenchEntrée and my regular musings in French Property News and French magazine.

I know that straw polls like this don't quite carry the same credence as the BBC/Mori exit poll but I'm sure you get my drift.

Long may it continue.

www.cognacproperty.com

1 comment:

Fabulously French said...

That is great news. If you hear of anyone looking for a fabulous Chambres D'hotes in the heart of a charming bastide village, please keep us in mind.

Cordialement,

Leeann