Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Now that's a real client testimonial....



Just back from The France Show in London which was an incredibly encouraging three days.

We were busy on the stand throughout with old clients and new prospects braving the snow and ice to come and see us.  We had a giant poster showing "testimonials" of satisfied clients, the first of which was a nice quote from David & Lorraine (pictured above)...it was even better when they dropped by in person and told all and sundry what a great house I had found for them. Who needs video testimonials when you can have the real thing!

I made my way to the show with pretty low expectations given the economy, state of the housing market and the horrific weather in the UK.  However, it's clear that there's still a huge demand from UK purchasers for houses in France and at one stage on Saturday I had a queue of people waiting to pick my brain about life in the charente.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next few weeks as I follow up the leads and see how many search mandates the show generates but I'm now cautiously optimistic that 2010 will see an increasing level of international buyers in France.

My colleagues from other regions were also kept very busy and it felt really great to be part of a team and to take leads for pretty much any area of France. Rebecca (Nice) told me that she has started a blog about life as a buying agent on the Riviera so you'll be able to view her take on the show by clicking here.

Thanks to everyone who came by to see us - I'll be blogging about some of my individual thoughts and experiences over the next couple of days.

www.cognacproperty.com

No comments: