Saturday, August 29, 2009

Canal + listings a mystery


Great excitement in the Downie household this week-end. After six years of tense negotiations the senior partner finally caved in and allowed me a canal + subscription.

After wading through the 97 different packages and options, technical difficulties setting it up and two calls to the helpline it's now installed. Just in time for Man Utd v Arsenal today and Marseille v Bordeaux tomorrow.

I've been online trying to see what other sporting events are coming up. Their website ranks between hopeless and poor and when I try to find listings for the "football +" package that I have I can't find a thing.

So, for any readers who have a background in TV listings (!) there's a huge market opportunity for you.

Meanwhile I guess I'll just have to watch it 24/7 to make sure I don't miss anything.

No comments: