Friday, April 03, 2009

Charente property values remain stable


This was in my local paper yesterday:




The local notaires say that despite fewer transactions and fewer British buyers prices in Charente rose by 0.8% last year.


Now, who am I to contradict the might of our respected notaries but my experience has been that while window prices remain stable vendors have been far more open to low offers.


This leads me to think that the 0.8% rise is a statistical anomoly....there are relatively few transactions anyway and maybe people were just buying more expensive houses last year.


I'm still advising clients to go in below the asking price and drive a hard bargain and can't see this changing for a long time yet.


Still, it's good to see some positive news stories for a change rather than the doom mongering that's been going on since Lehman's collapsed.

No comments: